Early Bird Special: Register by 1/3/2022 and save $200!
RACE Approved CE Hours: 16 Hours
Registration fee includes an instructor-curated set of dental instruments (retail value ~ $1000)
This practical and interactive 2-day course consists of a whopping 6 hours of lecture and 10 hours of hands-on lab and is a great place to start your pathway into small animal dentistry! Day 1 is a biggie and will include:
- oral exam, regional anesthesia, radiograph acquisition, interpretation, and treatment planning
- review of critical periodontal equipment
- how to perform basic periodontal treatments such as ultrasonic- and hand-supragingival scaling, closed- and open-root planing, and appropriate use of perioceutics
- Local and regional anesthesia including infraorbital, inferior alveolar and mental nerve blocks and their administration
- Radiograph acquisition and interpretation
At the conclusion of Day 1 you will be able to:
- complete a comprehensive oral exam, understanding clues present in the oral exam that will aid in your treatment planning
- obtain full mouth radiographs of the dog and interpret common normal variations and periodontal pathology
Ready for Day 2? We’ll split the veterinary technicians and DVM’s into separate role-focused training tracks:
- The technician track will focus on equipment maintenance, equipment sharpening and the technician’s role in dentistry.
- The DVM track will be devoted to developing and honing your basic dental extraction techniques. You’ll receive valuable “pro” tips from our practical and supportive experts. Common complications will be discussed and practiced.
Register your technician here