Introduction from Dr. Jennifer Rawlinson for the In-Person Portion of the course:
RACE Approved: 8 CE hours
Overview of Equine Dental Courses
This course is one in a series of online and in-person Equine Dental courses that are meant to build upon one another and provide you with the skills and confidence that you need in order to tackle challenging pathologies and extractions.
Here is the suggested order for the courses:
- Equine Dental Diagnostics Online Lectures, 8 CE hours This course will provide the knowledge to start or build your dental practice. It will provide the fundamentals of radiograph acquisition and interpretation that will be required for the more advanced Extraction Techniques Course.
- Equine Dental Diagnostics Upgrade, in Person October 27, 2021, 8 CE Hours
- Extraction Techniques for Equine Teeth Online Lectures, 8 CE Hours This advanced course helps Veterinarians tackle more complicated cases.
- Extraction Techniques for Equine Teeth, In Person October 28-29, 2021, 16 CE hours
Equine Dental Diagnostics Upgrade is a course designed to hone a practitioner’s oral examination and dental radiographs skills utilizing the newest technology. This course will focus on arming veterinarians with a deeper understanding of oral and dental anatomy, common pathology, examination techniques, radiographic acquisition, and radiographic interpretation. Oral examination will be taught with the newest equipment for oral and dental endoscopy. Both intraoral and extraoral radiographic techniques will be taught using the most state-of-the-art imaging systems. After performing oral exams and acquiring radiographs, radiographic interpretation and treatment will be discussed and practiced in small groups to maximize learning. Veterinarians will leave the course with the knowledge to either start or build their dental practice.
- Optimizing the oral examination – oral endoscopy
- Review of Equine Dental Anatomy
- Equid Dental Pathology
- Extraoral/Intraoral Dental Radiography
- Equine Dental Radiograph Interpretation
- Skull Radiograph Interpretation
- Putting It Together: Combining oral exam and radiographic findings to create a successful treatment plan
- Case Presentations: Putting It All Together
Goals for this course will be to provide equine veterinarians instruction and education in the following topics:
- Performing in-depth oral examination utilizing an oroscope
- Recognizing common dental pathology
- Acquisition of intraoral and extraoral dental radiographs
- Dental radiograph interpretation and treatment planning
The overall goal of this course is for private practitioners to explore the latest in dental diagnostic technology and leave the meeting feeling empowered to perform high quality oral examinations and acquire diagnostic dental radiographs that they can accurately interpret to provide a treatment plan.